Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote | Streaming Media Player
NO 5.1 over home cinema systems!
I cannot get the Fire TV stick to play 5.1 Digital Audio over my AV Receiver, even though I checked over the specks and other reviews here to confirm that it would before purchasing. The Fire TV stick connects to one of my AV Receiver's HDMI ports fine and I pick up the video signal. However, no sound, not even stereo sound, is heard over my 5.1 speakers. The only way I can hear anything is to turn up the volume on the TV itself, which kind of defeats the purpose of trying to watch via my AV Receiver and 5.1 home cinema speakers. What is also really strange is the stereo comes through to my TV speakers via my AV Receiver, but still nothing comes over the home cinema speakers?? I have gone through all the audio settings and fond some 'possible solutions' on Amazon support forums for this 'known problem' but none of them have worked. I then called Amazon Fire TV support and they confirmed that they don't have a fix for it at the moment and I will have to just make do with the audio via...
- Fire TV Stick now includes a voice remote. Simply speak into your remote to find TV shows, movies and games.
- Just plug in and start streaming in minutes. Take it from room to room and turn your HDTVs into streaming media centres.
- Tens of thousands of TV episodes and movies, from Amazon Video, Netflix, BBC iPlayer and more, plus games, music and apps.
- 8 GB of storage and 1 GB of memory, plus a dual-core processor for fast streaming and smooth performance.
- No more buffering - ASAP learns what Amazon movies and TV episodes you like and buffers them for playback so they start right away.
- Great for casual gaming, too - Play favourite titles such as Crossy Road, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Hill Climb Racing and more.
- Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to Prime Video, including original programming such as Transparent, plus two million songs with Prime Music.
Description : Test -Do not use